24 May 2015

BEF Vickers Mark VIc light tank

To give at least some armoured support to my fledgling BEF force here's the Vickers Mark VIc light tank.



I'm rather curious about how it will perform in battle. Being even smaller than the German Panzer II and being even less armoured it has definitely more of an up armoured tin can to it than of an actual tank.


Also it's armament leaves much to desire. With just a light automatic cannon and a co-axial medium machine gun it will have to rely on speed and cover on the table.


On the other hand it's quite cheap in terms of points value as the regular vehicle comes for 85 points compared to the 105 points for a Panzer II in Bolt Action.


The model is from Warlord Games again and frankly I didn't really like it. It suffers from weak detail and especially the rivets are almost not existent. This time I really restrained myself from overdoing the weathering and so in the end I'm actually quite pleased with how this tiny tank came out.


Decals actually are 15mm ones from Battlefront as I haven't had any in 28mm at hand. Think they did work quite well though.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed!

19 comments:

  1. Fantastic job Nick! I've always loved the early war British light tanks - so ungainly yet lethal. Your weathering is excellent, as usual and the commander just finishes the model beautifully. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work on this cool vehicle! I'd like one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning work sir. all the mud makes it look soo real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! The weathering job really is stunning! 15mm decals seem to work very well. They don't seem too small at all on a tank that small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work on the highlighting - I'm studying your technique on glass, which is very impressive: you start out with the dark tone, and then step by step blend in more light grey, adding the white dot for finish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great. Sorry to hear it is a poor model I got three MK VI from Blitzkrieg and they are lovely models

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb work! The weathering is really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really superb work Nick! I think you hit the weathering right on! Look forward to seeing it on the table!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work. I don´t know why, but I like these pre-war "tincan" much better than their Big-Gun Brothers from late war-era. They just have that individual touch...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been a while since my last visit but some superb and inspirational stuff you added! Including this little tank

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would you do me a favor and please paint up some units for me? The tank looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That should help even up the odds a little - another stunning piece of work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Despite your disappointment in the model, this is jaw-dropping work. Love the colors and weathering!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nick,
    you allready may have noticed, that I am a little bit lazy with commenting.Sorry, for that, cause I read all your posts ;-); Also your superb blog and work is allways worth looking by/through/ etc. Looking forward for more and hope to see your BEF soon in person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful little tank there and a great paintjob on it. I have a real soft spot for this tank and it is one of my favourites, I have one for my VBCW force, in that it is a monster, lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. A realistic and beautiful job sir, love the colors and details...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this latest piece, especially the tracks.

    ReplyDelete